Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Yarn Along




I'm sure you have noticed these last few weeks how few and far between my posts are and the basicness ( is that a word?) of the pictures.  66 days until the wedding.  I still am working on flower girl sashes and so many details. Yesterday I did some searching for items for the children's area.  We have a room at this venue that will be perfect to plan activities just for the littles and have hired 2 friends of my oldest daughter to come in and supervise.  So I am gathering many little items for entertainment.  Of course they can come and go as they please, but having this area will also give the parents an opportunity to enjoy some kid free time.

But in the midst of that I got the knitting  startitis bug and found a new pattern.   Ashburn is a asymmetrical shawl of multiple colors.  I put together 3 sock yarns to get a good contrast so that it could be worn with just about any top this fall.  I haven't actually cast on yet. The green yarn is a Mad Tosh, the coral is from Wool Tree, and the gray is without a ball band so I'm unsure.  And as I progress, I could change out colors so this may be a great project for my antsy hands:)

It's also been a while since I posted my reading.  Probably because I just couldn't find anything to capture me.  But Mr.Golfer and I both wanted to read Go Set A Watchman.  So far it's not what I thought it would be.  They reviews had me completely confused and now I know why. . I'll give my own review once finished.

Linking up with Ginny!


6 comments:

  1. A lovely selection of colors for your Ashburn, Wanda. Wedding planning can be so life-consuming! Glad you are finding time (making time!) to knit something wonderful for yourself. :)
    Is that a new bag? I snuck (spell check isn't liking "snuck" -- ha!) one of my Drawstring bags into a recent knitting pic/post. Are you finding time to sew any new bags?
    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely colours!!! I am going to read this book too - and I think I also am surprised by it so far. So much on the go for you, take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful colours that you have chosen! A wedding is a very busy time - hopefully you can find a bit of time to relax in the coming months. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Ashburn. That may be my shawl for the Fall. You picked some nice colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors! Love the Ashburn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how those colors look together! Awesome choices!

    ReplyDelete