Sunday, March 22, 2015

Easter For My Granddaughters









I wish I had the trunks in front of me for you to see.  They are at my oldest daughters's house and they are full of all the smocked dresses my girls wore as they were growing.  I thought the memories were over and the littles would never wear them, so imagine my surprise and joy when not one, but two daughters said the granddaughters would be wearing smocked dresses for Easter.

The oldest daughter chose 2 of a 4 dress set made many years ago while I recoverred from emergency surgery.  My second daughter asked if I would pleat a dress for her so she could smock.  Both caused me to hold my breath for a few minutes.  I thought it would never happen!

That top picture is my two oldest granddaughters and then you can see the original picture from 1992.

Last night I spent hours trying to remember how to pleat.  The needles in the pleater were over 20 years old and I broke 16 of them last night!  It took me 5 tries to get the dress ready and each time I remembered something from long ago. Not as easy as riding a bike:(






2 comments:

  1. The dresses are adorable, what beautiful stitches. What a thrill to have your daughter wanting to smock. Sounds like a wonderful easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet!!! it's coming back to you though and that's beautiful! have a blessed Easter! it's coming soon!

    ReplyDelete